RTF wrote:
Greetings all. I'm preparing to install OpenSuse 10.2 and have been browsing the web reading various installation instructions (just to make sure I don't go an overwrite my MBR or something else stupid) and came across the following...

Quote -
You will see now a summary of the Installation Settings, which comes in a Standard (default) and Expert (for power users) view. I will suggest using an empty hard drive for this installation; that means no other operating system on it, ok? The partition process is automatic and it will erase all your data from the selected hard drive.
Unquote -

I have my hard drive split into two different partitions by Partition Magic. Can I safely assume I may substitute "selected partition" for "selected hard drive" above? I've never run into such a draconian warning with any other Linux distribution and I have installed several over the years, always with a dual boot arrangement with Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Rob
Well...I attempted to install once again tonight and was confronted with the following Installation Summary:

* Delete logical volume /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 (68.8 gb)
*Delete logical volume /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 (1.9 gb)
*Remove volume group VolGroup00
*Delete partition /dev/sda2 (101.9 gb)
*Delete partition /dev/sda3 (70.8 gb
*Delete partition /dev/sda5(? hard to read on the screen) (70.8 gb)

Needless to say, I did not procede further with the installation.  :(

Rob