Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Sunday 2007-09-16 at 19:16 +0200, primm wrote:
>
>> The frontend to MySQL is just wonderful. Have to have it. The report
>> creation
>> is almost there too. Dragging to create relationships is better than Access
>> Can't swap now. . .
>
> Rekall or OOo base?
>
> Because in OOo I can't use tables with relations in read/write mode, only
> read.

Nope, I can do data entry without too much of a problem from the
database view. Clunks a bit however....

> I can create a "View" like this from two tables:
>
>   Books            Authors
>  -------          ---------
>   Book_ID    +---> Author_ID
>   Title      |     Author
>   Author_ID -+

Got something which does something similar....

> If I open the "Books" table, I see "Author_ID" by number. I can create a
> view, and see "Title" and "Author", in what OOo names "views", but they
> are read only. Further more, once created the view, I can't go back and
> change/add relations, it shows a different view of it, one that shows only
> "Title" and "Author" as Text[Varchar], but not where they come from and
> their relations, as if it were a new table.
>
> Useless. :-(

Not entirely...,

Main gripe is that under the hood is some OpenOffice scripting... but
the documentation for the scripting language is to put it at its
politest sparse the last time I looked at it ....

There are somethings I would like to do (e.g. put in a template selector
for a default template) and do something about path handling so I do not
have to create different versions of the same template for Windows and
LInux.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup