On Tuesday 25 September 2007, Damon Register wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > I'm not sure I was complaining, just caught me off guard that in
> > Sept. 2007 I install the best non-beta version of opensuse and 15
> > months later I will lose support for it.  Somehow it seems the timing
> > if funky.
>
> I am following this thread and it just made me think of something.
> I assume that loss of support means that SuSE will not put more updates
> on servers but does this also mean that existing patches will not be
> available either?  If for some reason I am still using 10.2 two years
> from now and I needed to reinstall for some reason, would I find any
> updates at all?

With 9.3 they removed all that was under the "supplementay" folder in the
old FTP hierarchy, and all that had been moved over to
software.opensuse.org (i.e. new KDE, GNOME etc. packages). They kept the
patches that had been provided against the original version.
f.e.
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.3
is still there.

Tero Pesonen