Wed, 26 Sep 2007, by [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Hi
> I have setup a vsftpd server and it works fine. Users can login and are
> chroote'd to their home folders.
>
> I have allowed myself to break out of the chroot because I want to manage
> files under /srv/www/htdocs remotely. But I do not have permissions to do
> anything there. Stuff under htdocs is owned by root:root on the server but
> ftp'ing in here it's owned by 0:0. How can I give myself permission to the
> htdocs folder?

Make htdocs owned by another user. I've setup an 'ftpadmin' user for this.
Let htdocs be the (chrooted) home dir of ftpadmin and logged in as this
user you can do what you need.

Theo
--
Theo v. Werkhoven    Registered Linux user# 99872 http://counter.li.org
ICBM 52 13 26N , 4 29 47E.     +      ICQ: 277217131