Hi, struggling with this software.

I've followed the guides and installed the Kiwi packages & templates (this is
on a 32 bit 10.2 machine).

I run kiwi -p /usr/share/kiwi/images/netboot/suse-10.2 with the default
template file.

This prepares the image.

I then run kiwi -c /tmp/kiwi.X -d /tmp which creates the initrd & kernel
files.

I call these from a TFTP/DHCP server (it makes no diff).

I then boot the machine

It loads the kernel and boots up with the following:

/init: line 88: IncludeKernelParameters: command not found
/init: line 125: setupnetwork: command not found
/init: line 132: checkTFTP: command not found
-----> Checking TFTP Server name: tftp.
-----> TFTP Server: tftp. not found
-----> Using:  from dhcpd-info
-----> Checking for config file: config
/init: line 174: searchAlternativeConfig: command not found
-----> Registering new network client...

-----> Registered As:
-----> Waiting for configuration...
-----> Checking for config file: config.
/init: line 227: searchAlternativeConfig: command not found
-----> Couldn't get image configuration
-----> sleeping [60 sec]...
-----> Lookup network client config file again...

etc...

So it's obviously looking for some additional files from the TFTP server but
the notes are very vague as to what they are.

If I change the config.xml file at the preparation stage so that the
preferences section read:

<preferences>
<type filesystem="ext3" boot="netboot/suse-10.2">pxe</type>
</preferences>

The kiwi -p command just spits out continuous images until you hit cancel.

Think I'm going to have to bin this software as I've been fiddling for days
with it and just can't make head nor tail of it.

Could anyone shed some light?

Kindest regards

Matthew