From: Nate Pearlstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Martin Mielke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: OpenSuSE <opensuse@opensuse.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2007 3:36:54 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice freezes the system

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 06:27 -0700, Martin Mielke wrote:
> Sorry... I use OpenSuSE 10.2 so far.
>

> Cheers
> Martin

There is a bugzilla open on this, 245711.

The work around that has been working for me is, after the machine
starts and I first log in, I launch one of the open office programs. It
doesn't seem to matter which one.  Then I go to any one of the menu
items so that the menu appears.  After that I leave it running, never
quit.

So far I have not had the machine freeze.  The problem seems to effect
systems with nvidia cards the most.

I don't speak for SGI or Novell in this forum.  Just relating my
personal experience.

--
Sent from my wired giant hulking workstation

Nate Pearlstein - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Product Support Engineer