On Wednesday 03 October 2007 06:46, Basil Chupin wrote:
> > I also have a nVidia card both at home and at work with, apparently, the
> > latest drivers... could it be the problem? Is this then related to
> > OpenOffice or to nVidia??
>
> I've never had anything BUT nVidia cards; I am running 10.2 and I am not
> having a single problem with OO (of any flavour or version).

OOo froze pretty consistently here, on 10.2 with the NVidia 100.14.11 drivers.
It did that with the original install version (2.0.4), and also with the
2.3.0 version - it happened only an hour ago this morning (foolish me - I
thought I'd try it again, just to see), and required a hard reboot.

I'm now avoiding OOo indefinitely in favour of KOffice, which is lighter and
easier to use anyway - I'm pretty impressed with it.  I advise others with
this problem to do the same.

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly