On Tuesday 23 October 2007, Phil Burness said:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 08:33:29 Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
> > As I now nothing about music playing I'll ask this list how to play and
> > serve music.
> >
> > I've ripped a large part of my music collection to hard disk. I'd like to
> > make playlists for each CD, and for all the operas also play the whole
> > thing, often meaning two to three CDs.
> >
> > So here's my ignorance. Are playlists interchangable between media
> > players? Any program that will recurse my music directory and make
> > playlists for each subdir?
> >
> > Any good music server that I can use, even remotely?
> >
> > What do people do here?

I use Amarok and SlimServer.  I can save Amarok playlists to the slimserver
playlists folder where they are picked up by slimserver and served to my
Squeezebox, or can be used to control the remotely available mp3 stream.  And
Amarok syncs playlists nicely with my ipod and samsung yp-k3.

I don't know anything about playlists per subdir, with both amarok and
slimserver you can browse the folder structure and play a whole folder that
way.

I used to use mt-daapd, no complaints, but I never needed its itunes DAAP
sharing, so switched to slimserver.

Will

--
Desktop Engineer