> > Slimserver looks interesting. I've never heard of it before.
>
> The RPM packaging at the moment is horrible wrt openSUSE (works, on
> i386/x86_64 though, with a few tweaks detailed on their wiki) but I'm
> working on a better package.  They have a dubious practice of bundling
> binaries a package marked noarch in order to transcode various file formats
> to what the squeezebox can decode, and that may make it difficult to
> include on the build service in a fully functional form, but I'm optimistic
> I can find a way round it.

Can I conclude from this that there's no good installation source right now,
and you recommend to wait until you've finished repackaging?

If so, it suits me fine. I have no urgent need for a music server right now.

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]