On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 18:26 -0500, Bryen wrote:
> To get a list of configuration files associated with an installed
> package, run the command 'rpm -qc package_name'.
>
> As additional aside, when you are updating a package (i.e., rpm -U
> package_name), modified configuration files are given the .rpmorig
> or .rpmsave extension.  You will then need to copy any important parts
> of those configuration files into the newly installed configuration
> file.
>
> One more thing:  the -U (upgrade) and -F (freshen) are both upgrade
> options, except that Freshen will validate that the package does indeed
> exist already on the system.  If the package doesn't exist, it will stop
> the installation process.   -U will install as new if the package didn't
> already exist on the system.
>
> --
> ---Bryen---

Thanks! The 'rpm -qc package_name' is very handy. I notice though that I have
difficulties to grasp rpm vs zypper vs yast2. openSUSE seems to offer 3 tools
that mostly do the same, but not always. Sometimes you need rpm other times you
need zypper. Where can I find more info to put these tools in (the openSUSE)
perspective?

--
Regards,

Aniruddha

Please adhere to the OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_mailing_list_netiquette