On Saturday 27 October 2007 18:18:48 Aniruddha wrote:
> According to Novell
> (
> http://shop.novell.com/store/novelleu/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/catego
>ryID.3422200 ) they sell:
>
> -SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 - e-License
> -SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop SP1
> -openSUSE 10.3 (Pre-order)
>
> What is the difference between SLED 10 - e-License and SLED SP1 ? And
> what is the difference between SLED 10 - e-License priced 47 at EUR and
> SLED 10 - e-License priced at 118 EUR?

I'm not sure exactly what an e-license is (I *think* it means you get it
directly online, as opposed to a boxed version, but don't quote me on that),
but the 118 EUR version is for three years, so it's a discount price, as
compared to 3*47

> According to the comparison chart
> ( http://www.novell.com/products/opensuse/comparative.html )openSUSE
> 'Security patches' have 'Limited availability. What do they mean with
> that?

The openSUSE releases are discontinued after two years, SLED is supported for
with fixes and updates for seven years

> And does it really cost 50 EUR per year to get security updates?

That, plus other kinds of bug fixes and feature updates, plus support

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll