On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 01:17 +0100, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2007 01:13:02 Mike McMullin wrote:
> >    XP-Pro OEM for $145 USd (includes Michigan Sate Taxes, etc.), in the
> > last 4 weeks, proper "boxed" version.
>
> The OEM edition is only legal if you put together boxes for sale, you're not
> allowed to buy it as an end user

  Note the readily available to consumer item here in the Great White
North:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=335900&sku=M17-7502

and it too is OEM, Tiger Direct is no fly by night operation dealing in
questionable software.

> If you put together boxes to preload SLED on them, you can get it cheaper as
> well

  That is something that would definitely interest me, but, I have
questions about the annual security update subscription price for home
users.