From: Anders Johansson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Saturday 27 October 2007 19:11:59 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am going to upgrade my home network server from a Pentium 4 S478 1.7 Mhz
> > to a S775 MB with 1066 FSB. I don't want to spend a lot of money.  Is a
> > Pentium D okay as a CPU for this or should I go with the next one up?
> > Celeron not good either?
>
> What will you be using the server for?
>
> If it's just file and print, just about any CPU will do just fine, you
> shouldn't have to upgrade your P4 at all. You'd get more benefit from more
> RAM and faster hard drives, probably RAIDed
>
> Anders
>
> --
> Madness takes its toll
> --

I will be using it for storing and serving kids school projects, mysql, and my
software Delphi 2006
source code.  One partition is Windows XP (data only) and the rest of the
system is OSS 10.1 and
it is slow, quirky (was an upgrade from10.0).  I plan on going to SATA drives
soon, thus the mobo
upgrade.  Mobo os P4M800PRO-M v2.0

--
Keith Boykin
You are what you think - so always think positively!