[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am going to upgrade my home network server from a Pentium 4 S478 1.7 Mhz to
> a S775 MB with 1066 FSB.
> I don't want to spend a lot of money.  Is a Pentium D okay as a CPU for this
> or should I go with the next one up?
> Celeron not good either?

I ran a print server, mail server, public web site, some light mysql, as
well as used the box for *lots* of backups and archives.  It was a P4
2.2 GHz.  The only time it ever slowed down was doing print conversions
of graphics-loaded files.  I have a Pentium D box and have been quite
impressed with its performance.  That chip should be fine for what you
want to do.

More recently I've been using a hosting service at www.futurequest.net
-- they have given me *excellent* service and support for the 6 months
I've been with them.  (I made the switch when I moved cross country and
couldn't tolerate any down time during the move and transition.)

Hope this helps,

Buddy Coffey