Aniruddha wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 15:37 -0700, Sloan wrote:
>
>> Aniruddha wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to try out the realtime kernel but I have problems getting
>>> my Nvidia drivers working. I have the kernel-source installed. I wonder:
>>>
>>> -How do I manage kernel symlinks in openSUSE?
>>> -How do I get the Nvidia driver working?
>>>
>>> In Gentoo I would switch the kernel symlink to the rt kernel and
>>> reinstall the Nvidia driver then reboot in the new kernel. What is the
>>> openSUSE way?
>>>

>> While running the new kernel, invoke the nvidia installer?
>>
>> Joe
>>

> I tried that by removing and reinstalling the nvidia driver with zypper.
> unfortunately this didn't work. What else can I try?
>
> It should also be possible to do this before rebooting if you change the
> symlink to the kernel source. Is there a openSUSE tool for this?

AFAIK the suse tools will manage the suse nvidia packages, which are
built for the suse kernels - but if you're using the -rt kernel, you're
going to be downloading the driver from nvidia.com and doing a manual
install.

Also, IIRC there are ways to build for a kernel you're not running,
you'd have to run the nvidia installer with the help option to get the
exact syntax needed, as I've never done that, but only remember seeing
something about it in the nvidia installer options.

Joe