Aniruddha wrote:
I would like to try out the realtime kernel but I have problems getting
my Nvidia drivers working. I have the kernel-source installed. I wonder:

-How do I manage kernel symlinks in openSUSE?
-How do I get the Nvidia driver working?

In Gentoo I would switch the kernel symlink to the rt kernel and
reinstall the Nvidia driver then reboot in the new kernel. What is the
openSUSE way?

There's no reason to switch the kernel symlink.

You should be able to just add the new kernal to the grub
files in the /boot directory

(this allows you to boot to either the regular kernel or the
realtime kernel by just selecting a menu item at boot time.

read up grub... unfortunate the complete documentation in
one of those dispicable Texinfo files rather than a man file.

Unless you use emacs regularly, pinfo is easier to use
than info, so

pinfo grub.