James Knott wrote:
> Donald D Henson wrote:
>> Some time ago, I remember seeing a discussion about a way to speed up
>> the launch of OpenOffice.org modules. Now I can't find any reference to
>> it. I can find references to 'quick launch' but that refers to putting
>> icons on the quicklaunch panel. Does anyone else remember such a
>> discussion or am I just going nuts in my old age? Thanks for any assistance.
>>

> IIRC, there's a separate RPM that has to be installed for the
> Quickstarter.  On my system, the first time starting OpenOffice after a
> reboot takes less than 3 seconds, after that, less than 2s.

And as a matter of principle, I never install the Quickstarter.

Although I am using 2 GB of RAM, I definitely see no benefit in
sacrifising memory for something that I might _poosibly_ need to start
during the day.

And when I start OOorg it admittedly takes a little longer, but the time
it takes then, is much less than the time I need to read this mail.

kind regards
Eberhard