On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> On Monday 05 November 2007 00:48, G T Smith wrote:
> > Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have an odd problem that I don't understand and wonder if anyone
> > > can shed some light on it.
> > >
> > > Here's the setup:

> > > The problem (as far as I know, the _only_ problem with the whole
> > > setup) is that I cannot connect from the Internet to the 10.3 box
> > > using it's global, routable IP address, though there's no problem
> > > doing the same with the 10.0 box.
> > >
> > > Furthermore, computers connected wirelessly to the LinkSys access
> > > point _can_ access the 10.3 box _using the global, routable IP
> > > address_.
> > >

> > > Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with the configuration and
> > > how I might fix it so that the 10.3 box can be reached from the
> > > global Internet?
> > >

> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Randall Schulz
> >
> > Ok text pictures....
>
> No OK in my book.
>
> I've attached a PNG image showing the topology of my network.
>

> Randall Schulz

Looking at your connection diagram, it appears as though you could have a
routing loop if you really have 2 connections between the 8-port switch and
the 10.3 box (one direct, one via the wireless router).

What firmware are you running in the WRT54G? Is it configured to support
spanning-tree routing?

if not, try removing one of the links to the 10.3 box (probably the one to the
wireless router). The wireless clients should be able to route to the 10.3
box via the ethernet switch.