Torsdag 22 november 2007 11:14 skrev Lenz Grimmer:
> Hi,
>
> it's rare that I am soliciting this list for help, but maybe someone
> could share his experiences with me.
>
> I have browsed the hardware compatibility list at
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html to find a suitable USB
> scanner model. However, it seems as if most of the models listed on
> there are no longer available (except as used devices on eBay).
>
> Does anybody have a recommendation for a flatbed scanner, connected via
> USB2 that works flawlessly with Linux (openSUSE 10.3 in particular) and
> is still on sale (especially in Europe/Germany)?

Most Epson scanners and printers work. I use the Perfection V100 Photo Scanner
with the C1100 colour laser with the avasys drivers quite successfully on
OpenSUSE 10.3.
The V100 is available at Media-Markt and Amazon.de. The price (incl. transport)
at Amazon.de is about the same as Media-Markt.

RPM Drivers at:
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html

:-)
Al