Hello,

On Nov 22 12:55 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote (shortened):
> RPM Drivers at:
> http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html

Why don't you use our RPMs of their software?

I keep them as up-to-date as possible (i.e. I check in the
current version a short time before package version freeze).

I provide their proprietary stuff in the packages
iscan, iscan-proprietary-drivers, and iscan-firmware.

Additionally I provide their free software in the package
iscan-free so that it works natively on 64-bit systems
for those scanners which don't need their proprietary
binary-only i386-only modules.

For details read the RPM package infos.

Regarding scanner recommendation:

I cannot recommend a particular model but I would avoid any scanner
which requires firmware upload and/or which requires a proprietary
binary-only i386-only module from iscan-proprietary-drivers.

I think the simplest way to check which scanner is supported to
which extent by the packages which we provide in a particular
product, run the YaST scanner setup, read the comments in its
model list, and "fake" to set up the model which you intend to buy.
In case of known possible problems, the YaST scanner setup shows
a popup message.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex