Hello,

On Nov 23 09:09 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote (shortened):
> My experience has been bad with HP scanners under Linux actually.

Do not mix up HP flatbed scanners with scanners in HP all-in-one
devices. Linux support for HP flatbed scanners is poor.
Linux support for scanners in HP all-in-one devices is good, see
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/index.html

We provide HPLIP in openSUSE and (same as Iscan) I keep it
as up-to-date as possible (i.e. I check in the current version
a short time before package version freeze).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex