Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> Chris Worley wrote:
>> I've been using Unix since the 80's, and prefer X's
>> left-button-drag-cut (or double or triple click) and
>> middle-button-paste to WinDoh's, but, these days,
>
> Same here ;-)
>
>> nothing seems to work.
>>
>> I mostly use KDE, Konsole, Evolution, Firefox, and
>

> Well, I think you correctly identified the true location of the
> problem.... the X11 server.

Just wondering if it also the reason that KSnapshot has problems.
It was said to be an OOo problem (in this forum about 6 months ago, but
not solved in OOo group either).

When I make a snapshot (Region, with mouse), it is made correctly (shows
in KSnapshot window),
but on inserting it into an application, always the _previous_ snapshot
gets inserted in OOo-Writer.
Only if the "Copy to clipboard" button or Ctrl-C is used does it get
copied to OOo-Writer,
again the previous snapshot first. In gimp the insertions seem to be
working when the "Copy to clipboard" button
or Ctrl-C is used before it is inserted in gimp. I noticed this in the
office we work,
where we copy snapshots of apps into training materials.

The inserts (with Ctrl-V, by menu or by mouse right-click_Insert) are
done mostly into OOo-Writer.
There we insert from the Clipboard, delete it immediately again, and
insert again; then the image is correct.

We have it on all systems: OpenSUSE 10.1, 10.2 & 10.3.

Anyone had this before?

:-)
Al