Dave Howorth wrote:
> Billie Walsh wrote:

<snip>

> So if I'm configuring say NFS from a YaST web page, what else might I
> want to see on that page?:

There is already web based *NIX admin tool with webmin, but the IP on
the this tool is a little murky. (I think SCO as caldera are involved
somewhere here). Developing a web version for Yast might open some legal
issues if not handled correctly, and I do not think that a design team
would be happy with to develop with the constraint of not moving to
close to the webmin model.

>  - breadcrumbs, to show where I am
>  - links to related items (e.g. DNS config, routing)
>  - links to related tools (e.g. to ping the NFS server,
>                                 or look at it's exports list)
>  - documentation - either links or javascript controlled blocks or
>                    tooltips etc etc
>  - an area showing the history of NFS config changes (by the user and/or
>                    automatic system actions)
>  - an area showing recent relevant log entries
>  - a personal notes/wiki area so I can record any information I find
>    useful when I'm doing this task (e.g "use lsof before unmounting" or
>    a link to a web resource I find useful
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh/>? :)

My god!... I am not really sure 101 ways to defenestrate your boss and
related matters is OT...:-)

BTW Before the someone misreads this, defenestration has nothing to do
with body parts directly, more windows, high places, and falling... :-)

> Cheers, Dave

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup