On Tuesday 04 December 2007 06:46:03 Matthew Stringer wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 December 2007 12:48:46 Jim Flanagan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On my new 10.3 install I set up 2 drives in raid1 mirror, using
> > software raid in yast. All seems to be working fine except in
> > Kinfocenter>memory swap is shown as not available. Yast shows swap with
> > an "*" beside it. My partitions are set up as follows:
> > primary
> > /dev/md0 /boot
> > extended
> > /dev/md1 /swap
> > /dev/md2 /
> > /dev/md3 /home
> > /dev/md4 /share
> >
> > I'm not that familiar with tweaking swap and have only set it up in
> > yast>partitioner before with no previous problems. This is my first
> > raid setup so there may be an issue with that, but again, all others
> > partitions are working fine. I tried editing swap in yast to format it
> > again as /swap but it failed with an error code -3004.
> >
> > Anyone know what this problem may be?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > JIm F

        Try running swapon -s and see if the device is listed.  Also,
cat /proc/mdstat.   Your swap device should show up in the swapon -s
command.  It should show up in mdstat but may be listed as
(auto-read-only).
        I had a similar issue on one of my hosts and ended up having to change
the
boot flags.  I edited /boot/grub/menu.lst and changed the item
resume=/dev/md1 to noresume.  This disables the ability to hibernate the
machine, but allowed my swap to work properly.

Hope this helps.

-jc