> Off topic, as I seldom partition anything (unpartitioned drives
> perform best), but, you're setting yourself up for disaster using LVM
> (any corruption to the LVM layer is not recoverable... you'll loose
> everything... been there done that), and the performance is poor, and
> MD RAID5/6 devices can be grown (add more disks).
>
> Chris

Fair enough.  I appreciate the input because I haven't run across any
real-world stories about LVM corruption.  I have personally encountered
corruption problems with RAID5/6 as well as problems with decreased
performance as a RAID5 structure gets more members added to it.

Could you please provide me additional information about the circumstances
under which you had the LVM layer corrupt?  Thanks.

-jc