Richard Creighton wrote:
I feel like taking my favorite deity's name in vain so he would smite me
off of the face of the earth because I couldn't be madder in hell than I
am now at openSuSE's updater program.

<snip>

Get with it openSuSE!!!!   If my name was Bill Gates, I'd be spending a
few million, maybe billion, on lawyers about now regardless of whether
or not 'free software' is exempt from destroying peoples work or not. I am that mad that if I were indeed him, I'd go from richest man in the
world to poorest, paying lawyers to induce management at openSuSE once
and for all to opt for what is right rather than what is expedient.

Richard
(a very pissed off dude right now)

Dude, breathe, what ever's happened it should be easy to install the module into the new kernel and get your system running again, nothing will be lost and you'll know for next time.