Richard Creighton wrote:
Get with it openSuSE!!!!   If my name was Bill Gates, I'd be spending a
few million, maybe billion, on lawyers about now regardless of whether
or not 'free software' is exempt from destroying peoples work or not. I am that mad that if I were indeed him, I'd go from richest man in the
world to poorest, paying lawyers to induce management at openSuSE once
and for all to opt for what is right rather than what is expedient.

In all fairness, the people that make "unfree" software probably care less about what the software does to your system. All "unfree" software I have seen has absolutely no warranty (real or implied, and this is becoming more and more supported by law now--interesting that something you buy can do exactly opposite of what it is supposed to yet you can't even get a refund) and the companies that make it don't care what it does to your system as long as it doesn't hurt their sales. In fact, if they could make software that hurt your system knowing it would INCREASE sales, they would. At least the makers of free software (who don't issue warranties either) usually at least care about the end user.

--Jason