On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 15:44 +0000, Chris wrote:
> The list I think is not only for old users of linux.If
> you are so smart and you think that our questions are
> pointless just unsubscribe from the list!!!!!!
> If the linux was so easy the list would be
> unnecessary.And yes I am a windows user and I want to
> know about linux.
>
> --- Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> έγραψε:
>
> > Chris wrote:
> > > Ok finally I did it!How can I change the top left
> > icon
> > > to look as an apple??
> > >

> > Just out of curiosity...
> > are your users that stupid that if they can't find
> > an apple,
> > they will be so totally confused that they'll never
> > figure
> > out how to adapt to Linux?
> >
> > Imitating another system is one thing...trying to
> > duplicate
> > it right down to trivial, vendor-specific icons is,
> > well,
> > quite pointless....and in many ways, "hiding" the
> > fact that
> > they're working on Linux is a real disservice to
> > Linux
> >

> > --
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

First of all, please do not top-post.  Only bottom-post like we are
doing here.

Second of all, Aaron asked a very legitimate question, which is "Why do
you want an apple?"  Instead of looking to pick a fight, how about
answering the question.  You may have a very legitimate answer, but how
are we supposed to know?  We are not mind-readers here.

And I totally agree with Aaron's statement that hiding Linux is a
disservice to Linux.  We all work hard as a community to promote and
solidify Linux and when someone comes along that wants to use Linux but
hide it, is well... an insult.

However, again, you may have a VERY legitimate reason for doing it that
way.  How about just telling us what and why you are attempting to do
the things you are doing?

Thanks.

--
---Bryen---