On Wed December 12 2007 12:39:44 am Jason Craig wrote:
> Where does Firefox get it's file associations from, anyone know?  I
> click on a PDF link, and Firefox asks if I want to save or open it, and
> the only program that it shows in the "open" dropdown is KGhostView
> (labeled default), which I think is far inferior to KPDF, which usually
> opens my PDFs.  I found the file associations menu in Konqueror,
> browsing my files, so that's nice, but are there some overriding
> settings somewhere?

Hi Jason,

For your bookmarks, two great resources for researching Firefox questions:

   <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Firefox>

   <http://forums.mozillazine.org/>

> Furthermore, is there some way to change the behavior in Konqueror (now
> I'm browsing local files) such that when I double click a text document
> it will open it for EDITING instead of just for looking at it?  There
> doesn't seem to be anything that controls this in the aforementioned
> file associations menu, and I would far rather retain my habit of double
> clicking rather than "right click, open with, kwrite".

A fantastic resource for researching KDE application questions:

   <http://www.kde-forum.org/>

Of course Konqueror has many, many options configurable under 'Settings ->
Configure Konqueror'

hth & regards,

Carl