On Thursday 13 December 2007 15:23, Sloan wrote:
> Kai Ponte wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 December 2007 13:36, Robert Smits wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Of course, if you're like most of us on KDE who don't use that awful
> >> Suse desktop, Configure Desktop is labelled Personal Settings (Configure
> >> Desktop) in step 1.  :-) :-)
> >
> > Man, you sound like me complaining about Gnome. :P
> >
> > Seriously, I really like the suse kde desktop.  Makes things way easier.
> > In fact, I like Vista's menu, too!
>
> (shrug) - whatever. I don't clearly remember the vista menu, we looked
> at vista for a few minutes before nuking it forever and installing suse.
> I seem to recall it looked vaguely linux-like on at a GUI level, but
> under the hood, still having a "C:" drive, backwards slashes and other
> peeceeisms.

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/2007/20071101_rdc_vista.jpg

Hope that refreshes your memory.  Unfortunately, the CIO for Los Angeles
County seems to think Linux is a four-letter-word.

Fortunately, he's retiring. With an $81M IT budget, you'd think we would spend
it on things other than legacy OS's.  :P

Fortunately, our retirement board is all run on Novell eServers and SLED.