On 2007/12/14 06:31 (GMT-0600) M Harris apparently typed:

> I have an HP notebook running the boxed set openSUSE 10.0

> I would like to upgrade the kernel *only* (modules, etc) without reinstalling
> openSUSE. Can this be done easily?

Assuming you have a working internet connection:

If you want to keep the current kernel as a just in case fallback:

option 1
        smart update; smart install kernel
option 2
        fetch the kernel you want via http/ftp/wget/etc
        rpm -ivh kernel <kernelname>

To replace current kernel:

option 3
        go into YaST, find kernel, and select update
option 4
        smart update; smart upgrade kernel
option 5
        fetch the kernel you want via http/ftp
        rpm -Uvh kernel <kernelname>

There are others too.
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409