Freitag, 14. Dezember 2007 Marcus Meissner:

> Realtime is only useful for people who understand what it is. ;)

Meep. A fully preemptible kernel ("realtime kernel") plus the right pam
configuration and sane jack audio connection kit setup can give you audio
latency < 1 ms even with a cheapo onboard soundcard. The minute you do live
processing or feeding (monitor mixes via Ardour's mixer) you'll need *low*
latency.

Oh, there is no other platform that gets you audio performance like this with
affordable hardware.

I wonder for some time now whether suse/novell people are aware of the
slam-dunk PR potential they miss out on. Not that I personally give a hoot
about PR, mind you.

Wolfgang