On Monday 17 December 2007 08:58:18 am JP Rosevear wrote:

> Beagle already does nice itself and employ strategies for reducing work
> when the CPU is not idle.  However I/O is a problem and non-root
> processes can't change their own I/O priority iirc.
>
> -JP
> --
> JP Rosevear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Novell, Inc.

 and what happens when it fills the swap space and brings *every* app to a
grinding halt all while it nices itself to 19 or 38 or whatever? when things
get as bad as beagle often makes them, the simplest thing to do is to throw
the whole package away and start from scratch; yes, that would be hard,
difficult and costly, but, a proper end product would more than pay for
itself and would bring fame and fortune to the developer.
some problems can not be solved simply by connecting dots among prefabricated
libs.
d.