jdd wrote:
> 0verl0ad wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am now completely onto the Linux OS (openSUSE 10.3). I removed
>> Windows XP from system except that I have it installed on VMware and
>> VirtualBox for some apps that WINE can't run and for college projects
>> purpose.
>>
>> Now I have all the partitions in the EXT3 format. I want my external
>> devices to be in ext3 format. However I want to access them in the R/W
>> mode under other Windows OS. Is there any app so that I can do that?
>>
> http://www.fs-driver.org/
>
> works also with ext3
>
> use fat32 only if you want the device to be read by standard usb readers
> (not youe linux computer)
>
> jdd

fat 32 is really bad, as soon as you handle a large collection of files
and/or large and it is slow.

I use a ntfs partition on my otherwise ext3 formatted usb disk instead.
This is because I do not have friends that still are on win 9x. Apart
from one that I'll visit today and try to convert her to Linux. ;-)).

I once tried to transfer 120 GB of music from win XP to a fat32
formatted external disk and it took days and nights. With ntfs it worked
within one evening.

Kind regards
Eberhard