Rajko M. wrote:
> On Saturday 22 December 2007 05:36:03 pm Steve Reilly wrote:
>
>> you need to install both the kernel
>>

> Do you mean kernel sources, and compile package?

The directions tell you to install (or update) madwifi, then figure out
the "flavor" of your kernel, and install the module to match it.  Mine's
"bigsmp," for example.

It didn't work for me, at any rate.  When I was done installing (and
rebooting), modprobe ath_pci didn't show any results, and I couldn't get
the card to connect at all.  Since I have the PCMCIA wireless card
working fine, it doesn't matter much to me, but I'd be interested in
finding how how it goes for James.

Perhaps there's some non-obvious step that's needed, beyond what the
opensuse.org web site tells us.