Carlos E. R. schreef:

> The Monday 2007-12-24 at 09:54 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:

>> All I want for Christmas is a yast that saves its installed rpm,s or at
>
> They are preparing that for opensuse 11.
>
>> least help ( directions to routine that clears cache to save me hours of
>> looking for it ) to change it myself.
>
> Dunno... but I think the download directory is arbitrary, not constant.
> I'm thinking. If, while it is downloading, you discover where it is
> downloading (use 'ps afx|less', for instance), and then hardlink each
> rpm there to another location, they will not be deleted from the disk:
> they will dissapear from the yast directory, but not from the other. But
> you have to do this fast, before yast deletes each one.
>
> As to the piece of code... dunno. Somebody will know. Perhaps in the
> factory list.
>
> Sounds interesting.
>
> -- Cheers,
>        Carlos E. R.

It certainly does.
An option to save or not, default off, could be made, whereby the rpm's
are moved to another dir, instead of deleted.

especialy when testing stuff, sometimes things get broken, beyond repair
when not having working pkgs.
Which now sometimes causes to do a new install, which is not the same,
and can have issues, that weren't there before..

One should have 2gig spare room for a downgrade to store..
one could downgrade the whole at once, or look for the pkgs that have to
be temporarely replaced.

This will not be very easy, as sometimes very many pkgs are involved,
with many, many deps to solve...

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.24-rc5-git2-2-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Systeem:  openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha0
  KDE:  3.5.8 "release 25"