Jerry Houston pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
> According to one of my books that's specific to SuSE 10.3, I've done all
> that's necessary to enable Xgl and Compiz, and the Gnome desktop effects
> module confirms that my graphics card is suitable, that 3-D is enabled.
>
> In KDE, I'm able to run the configuration tool, and it appears to be
> working.  However, I can't get a Compiz session started.  When I go to
> the appropriate place in personal settings to choose a session manager,
> only kwin appears, in a combo box that is grayed and disabled.
>
> Is there some extra step that's commonly overlooked, that makes Compiz
> show up in the session manager selections?

Can't say this is the right way but it works for me.

Kmenu-->System-->More Programs-->Compiz Fusion Icon

After the icon is in the system tray it just starts working. If I want
to disable it I click on quit  after a right click on the icon and log
off and back on. Currently need to disable it if I want to use Google
Earth in full screen mode.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998