On 2008/01/03 18:51 (GMT-0500) Gil Weber.com apparently typed:

> In one of your earlier posts you had suggested that
> updating the BIOS was something I should look into.

A BIOS upgrade is something one should do only in case the following two
criteria are met:

1-One is available to fit your specific motherboard
2-A known or suspected problem will or might be fixed by an available BIOS
update

Compare these two product pages:
http://emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T2842
http://emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T2240

The specifications on these two products are relatively similar. Yet, the
former is lacking two sections that the latter has:

1-User Guides
2-Downloads

Were it not for the absence of User Guides on the former, I *might* believe
that no downloads are available. However, in looking at the nature of both
the downloads available and the user guide available on the latter, I
seriously doubt that the former page is not broken. That is to say, though
it's likely as not there is no updated BIOS to download, I highly doubt it
shouldn't have a user guide or drivers available to download.

The approach I'd take to this would be to reestablish contact with eMachines
and complain you can't find the Windows XP drivers for audio and video,
drivers that almost certainly *should* be there. If you can get them to
investigate why neither are there, likely they'll eventually find every
download that belongs there, *possibly* even including a BIOS update, and fix
the page.

For the immediate problem, don't expect this to be a current solution. You
have to go on, and come back to this if and when it becomes possible.
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409