On Jan 6, 2008 1:18 AM, Cristian Rodríguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Shibu Basheer escribió:
>
> > HI Felix, Thanks for you suggestions.  I've ruled both the problem,
> > because the system is running quite stable in safe mode,
>
> Your box 's CPU is overheating, check that instead or later you will
> find a nice and useless burnt CPU.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I really do not think this is a CPU
over hearting issue.  This is what I found :

After much testing with various combinations, I have pinned down the
problem to issue happening only when bootup into init  5.  i.e. even
if I boot in safe mode with init 5 with acpi=off  this issue persists.

However if I boot into init 3, and then I start kde with startx after
logging in to text console, the system is stable.

Any ideas?

Thanks.