Shibu Basheer wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions.  I really do not think this is a CPU
> over hearting issue.  This is what I found :
>
> After much testing with various combinations, I have pinned down the
> problem to issue happening only when bootup into init  5.  i.e. even
> if I boot in safe mode with init 5 with acpi=off  this issue persists.
>
> However if I boot into init 3, and then I start kde with startx after
> logging in to text console, the system is stable.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Well if the problem is not the heat, then the problem might be in your
graphic system.
The only big difference between init 3 and init 5 is the running of the
graphic system. I don't thinks it's X since you are able to start and run
it stable in init 3.

So what is running in init 5 and not in init 3... i think you'll find the
problem there somewhere.

sander