Marcin Floryan wrote:
Hello!

Yup, crude solution but it seems to work very well. Thanks!

Though I wonder now if there is any way to do that is I didn't have a
public IP server at hand (ie. two machines behind NAT with no
influence on the Firewall). More out of curiosity since the problem at
hand has now been solved.

Cheers!

Marcin

There would probably by easier ways, but if you want to follow the tunneling approach, and you both are behind nat/firewall rules that you can not change, you need a third (trusted) hosted which you both have ssh access to.

Then the target (your friend) could open a reverse port forward on that host, and you could either connect to him on that host, or setup a local port forward so that you could connect to him by reaching localhost on that port.

I'm not sure if that made any sense, heres an example:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ssh -R 5555:localhost:22 3rd_host
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ssh -L 6666:localhost:5555 3rd_host

Then you can reach your friends machine by connecting to localhost on port 6666.

As a said, there is probably easier ways, but my guess is they all require a third host if both of you are completely cut off from configuring nat and firewall.

Best regards
Sylvester Lykkehus