Kevin Dupuy wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 10:53 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
Gary Baribault wrote:
Hi all,

    Anyone else seeing Beagle really kill performance? I have disabled
it and my machine finally is perky, but every now and then, I find it
in memory again. How do I arange it to chew up less memory and CPU or
kill it once and for all?
You can't.

It's one of the stupidest pieces of software that I've ever
seen in my entire 27 years of computing.  Even putting it at
the lowest priority "nice" value doesn't help, because the
damn thing floods the disk drive with a constant stream of
disk-head seeks, which interferes with any other process's
attempts to use the disk drive by making it basically, stand
in line with all of beagle's worthless disk I/O requests.

The maintainers for beagle should be taken out and kneecapped,
or beat about the head with a police baton.

Every day

Until they remove every trace of it from human existence,
except for snippets preserved for teaching purposes, under
the topic of "DO NOT DO THESE THINGS in a background services
programs"

I'm starting to get tired of the hating on Beagle's devs.

Excuse me...has anyone really expressed HATRED towards
the Beagle dev...

Or have we just been noting that the software suffers
from a VERY SERIOUS DEFICIENCY --
see "Constructive Criticism"

"hating on" should be banished from the English language,
because it is so widely abused by people who can't handle
the fact that not everything or everybody is worthy of
pure, unqualified praise now and forever.  Most of the time
when it is used, as in the posted example, it's just a
sign of trying to suppress valid criticism.