Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Thursday 2008-01-17 at 14:19 +0800, Jonathan Ervine wrote:

Second this sentiment. An upgrade really shouldn't take all weekend.

Ha! How often do you do upgrades? I mean, not a fresh install? It does take the weekend. The machine is up and running in 3..6 hours, but then you are adjusting configs and solving problems the rest of the week.

I do upgrade, so I know...

I'm still shaking 'bugs' out of 10.3 on the main server for our office that suffered a unrecoverable disk error on Jan 2... If it is just a desktop, then 3-6 hours will do, it is a full blown server, add an exponent, your exponential factor will vary.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC