Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
--- Philippe Landau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
Therefore X was messed up ... how come ? It worked
fine up to the night before. I turned off the
computer in the end of my working session.
An update could be the culprit.
I noticed that my laptop is being updated pretty
frequently. When I am notified that some new patches
are ready I am at a loss whether to install them or
not.
It's a mess ...
And the accompanying information is lacking.
But now that you will have two computers
you can update the main computer as soon as they arrive
and wait before updating the backup computer.
You are protected by a router i assume ?

The previous time I used knoppix was over 2 years ago.
But I would expect a technician that I pay as the Linux
"expert" to know that.
I saw this guy groping for a solution just like me.
Good support people are rare.
The job is emotionally taxing.
Plus usually marketing is decisive
favoring the rip-offs because most customers
prefer to fall for the gloss and the posturing ("experts").

You are right, if you depend on your computer,
you need a backup computer at the ready.
I am planning to get another laptop. A dual core.
I have no time to update myself about what is
available put together a configuration.
I personally prefer the 22 inch screens and EM-free keyboards.

Kind regards     Philippe