libzyp is the backend for zypper and software updates.   When you boot
your computer, your computer is checking for any updates.   I'd want
this kept on so I can be aware of any security notices.

Yours may be slower because of the number of repositories you have
enabled that zypper searches for updates.

--
---Bryen---