On Jan 22, 2008 12:03 AM, Roger Oberholtzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have done all this and things are better. I think the following were
> the problems:
>
> 1) some file in /srv/tftpboot that are needed only come from a package
> install. If they are deleted, you are sol. This makes cleaning up
> the /srv directory problematic in that there is no obvious way to remove
> generated files, leaving those only installed by a package alone. So I
> made an archive of this when the packages were freshly installed.

Manual cleaning is not required, kiwi-ltsp-setup when run second time
moves the old installation as /srv/kiwi-ltsp-nfs.<date>

> 2) nbd must be restarted when the image it is to serve changes. If not,
> you get a Negotiation: prompt when the boot tries to mount the image.
> Perhaps the generation script should do this? Or perhaps something else
> is really the problem.

NBD should be restarted when you run fully automated mode (kiwi-ltsp-setup -s)

> I tried to mount an nfs volume, but I get this error right away:
>
> mount: bad fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 10.1.5.1:/opt/rsoft
> etc...

try mount with -o nolock or start rpc.statd.

NFS is not recommended and meant only for testing purpose, so do not
expect it to work as well as NBD root.

Ciao

-J