Jim Cunning wrote:
On Wednesday 23 January 2008 08:50:04 Sandy Drobic wrote:
[...]
Listmates,
    Where do I tell postfix to deliver mail for a user to localhost
and deliver a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED] It has to be easy, -- I hope.
[...]
Guys? Please have a look at the first quoted line. It was supposed to be
"simple". Installing and maintaining additional unnecessary services, wenn
one config line in an already running service is sufficient, seems horribly
inefficient.

Sandy,
Check out /etc/aliases. I have a server with a pseudo-user account called "articles" and a number of real users who want to receive mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] The following line in /etc/aliases makes postfix deliver a copy of any message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to the addresses user and all users in the include file:

Hello Jim,

the original Problem has already been solved (in this case David used Procmail.

Though there's one requirement for your solution (and also the procmail
solution:
/etc/aliases will only be used by domains in $mydestination, all other domain address classes like virtual_mailbox_domains or relay_domains don't use /etc/aliases at all. In this case you have to use virtual_alias_maps.

--
Sandy

List replies only please!