Sampsa Riikonen wrote:
Dear List,

I have suse 10.3 installed on a hp tx1000 laptop.
I am using KDE.

Ultimately, the system has become very unstable..
It halts completely very frequently. I have observed
this halt while browsing the web (it has happened both
with firefox and the konqueror), but I suppose it can
happen with any program..(?)

By a "halt" I mean a completely blockage.
The screen stays still, mouse / keyboard does
not respond.. they only way to restart my laptop
is to remove the battery (!).. I think I almost
broke my laptop an hour ago (afterwards it
refused to boot for a while).

Does anyone have any similar experiences?
How could I start debugging this thing?

(I also have problems when trying to
automount some CDs and memory sticks
(quite randomly).  The system complains something
about "hal".. but this is not urgent).

Please help!

Sampsa Riikonen

P.S. The laptop has nvidia graphics and broadcomm wireless chips
P.S.S. Could the crash be related to a crappy internet connection that
disconnects suddenly?  (we have one)

Have you tried running your system without the power management support?, turn it off from your grub options and see how it runs