Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I want to enter an ssh session without having to type the password (to be used by a script). The "remote" is a router with embedded, and it is not possible to create public key pairs because it is not a shell, but one with a limited command set.

You probably can't provide a "typed password" from anything
other than the keyboard itself.

For security reasons, ssh and similar programs are
generally written to read only from /dev/tty.

Is it possible to create a file called "rhosts"
or "hosts.equiv" on the router?
on the

I can give the user, like:

ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]

but I haven't found a way in the man to give also the password, as there is for instance in ftp.

I think there is something like chat ? but I'v never used it and I'm unsure how.

If any one is worried about security, don't: for instance, if you use subversion with ssh access (to Novell, for instance) the password is stored in clear text in ~/.subversion/auth, and the file is world readable! (Was, rather, I changed it). So subversion must be giving the password somehow.

You've gotta be kidding.
Someone needs to hit the subversion devs with a clue-bat.