Jim Cunning wrote:
On Friday 25 January 2008 13:25:25 Ken Schneider wrote:
Hans Witvliet pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 14:12 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
[...]
I want to enter an ssh session without having to type
one with a limited command set.

As other posters mentioned 'expect' i won't.
But as you specifically mention "ssh" i would rather
>>> advise you to generate a ssh-key-pair and copy the
>>> public-one over to the other machine into the
>>> authorizedkeys file.

No asking for pwd's anymore

What part of "it is not possible" is not understood here?

Don't be so quick to be critical. I took Carlos statement
> to mean it was not possible on the REMOTE system, but it
> is certainly possible on his local one, which is all that
> is required so far as generating keys goes.

He can generate keys on his local system, however, it is
not possible to store either part on the router.
I have a similar type of router... it's a dumb little
machine meant stricty for interactive administration
(in fact, the ONLY way to do so is through a web
browser)

However, it may not be possible to copy his public key
> to the "'remote' router with embedded" (linux?). Carlos
didn't say what limited commands were available, or
> whether it was even possible to copy files onto the router.

It seemed pretty obvious to me.

Lots of cheap "home" routers are braindamaged.